IRL Merch Privacy Notice
IRL Digital Ltd is the officially approved VAT registered company for managing and delivering your merchandise. We are committed to handling your personal information responsibly and protecting your privacy under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and Data Protection Act 2018. This privacy notice explains the following:
We collect the following information:
- From our customers – billing and shipping name and address, email address, telephone number (if supplied) and any contact preferences. Credit card numbers and other payment information are not stored by us, but processed by our PCI compliant payment service providers.
- From our newsletter subscribers – email address and any contact preferences.
- From our employees – contact details, legal right to work, proof of identity (usually copy of passport), NI number, date of birth, bank information, references and performance appraisals to fulfil our contracts of employment.
How information is collected
- Information is collected when you submit your email address and give your consent to receive newsletters and other marketing messages.
- Information is collected when you complete an online order form to buy merchandise.
- Visitors to our website are tagged with cookies. These are small pieces of information sent to a device and stored locally by the browser. Information on how cookies are used can be seen in the “ What we do with your information ” section below.
How information is stored and safeguarded
We are committed to protecting your personal data and have put in place a number of physical, electronic and managerial processes to keep it secure and prevent unauthorised access to it.
Who your information is shared with
We do not and will not ever sell your data to third parties. In order to communicate with you and deliver your order, we share data with the following types of organisation:
- Companies that help us to process your order and deliver your purchases. These include payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, customer service handlers and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers, such as email delivery providers and website hosts, who help us to run our business,
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
The safety and security of your data is very important to us and we ensure that every organisation that we work with has controls and processes in place to keep data secure and prevent unauthorised access to it.
Our legal basis for processing and what we do with your information
Our legal bases for processing your data are as follows:
- For the performance of a contract to deliver the merchandise that you have ordered.
- Where you have given us your consent to receive newsletters and other marketing communications. You can only give consent if you’re an adult or child over the age of 13 and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- For legal compliance, to help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering and recover debts or to supply to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Visitors to our website have a cookie placed on their browser. These cookies are essential for allowing you to navigate the website, securely log in to your account, buy goods, save items into your cart and prompt you to register if you leave or leave with a partially completed order. We don’t use these cookies to gather information about you that could be used for profiling, advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
- We may also use anonymous non-identifiable tracking pixels for the purpose of targeted advertising (for example, but not limited to, Facebook re-targeting advertisements) to offer our customers relevant offers, and prevent irrelevant advertisements being displayed on third party sites to our customers. Information on how you can delete cookies can be found in the “ Your rights ” section below.
- We use Google Analytics to understand visits to our website such as pages viewed and geographical location. Note however, that this is aggregated and anonymised data that cannot be used to identify an individual.
How long we keep information
We take all reasonable steps to retain your personal information only for as long as necessary. The length of time that we keep your data for will depend on the purposes for which it is being used and any relevant legal or statutory requirements.
Other Privacy information
You must be 13 years of age or older to register on our website. Please do not register if you are under 13 years of age. While we do not knowingly allow registration by children under the age of 13, parents should supervise their children’s online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other personal information without parental permission.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data. The date of the latest revision will always be published and if there are any significant changes, we will make this clear on our website or by some other means of contact such as email.
We have no control over external links that you click on, for example YouTube videos or banner advertisements. Visitors should consult the other site’s privacy policies as IRL Digital is not responsible for, and has no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
If at any point in the future, IRL Digital merges or is acquired by another business, information that relates to your order may be shared. As a customer, you will be sent notice of such an event.
The General Data Protection Regulation 2018 gives you the following rights:
- To request access to your personal data. You can request, free of charge, a copy of the personal information that IRL Digital Ltd holds on you by making a “Subject Access Request”.
- To correct any personal data that is incorrect or incomplete.
- To erase any personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- To object to or restrict the processing of your personal data where there is no legal or regulatory reason for us to do so.
- For further information on how to manage and delete cookies, please see aboutcookies.org
- If you are not satisfied with the way that IRL Digital Ltd has responded to your questions, you have the right to lodge a complaint with thevia their web-form at
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this privacy notice, please contact email@example.com or call us on 01772 455052 or write to us at Data Protection, IRL Digital Ltd, c/o Fulfilment Crowd, Matrix Park, Western Avenue, Chorley PR7 7NB.
This Privacy Notice was last updated in August 2023